Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Benefits of Tight Pants

  • Because they're so tight, you have to get up and move around fairly often or else you're circulation gets cut off - leading to more exercise.
  • They act like a girdle, making you look like you're five pounds lighter than you really are - never mind that you think you can't breathe.
  • And because you feel like you feel like you might throw up from the super-tight waist band, you might not eat quite so much.
So resist those lazy-girl pants - you know the ones. The ones with the stretchy waist band? The comfy ones that let you all hang out? Yeah, don't do it! Resist! Those tight jeans are terribly uncomfortable, I know, but think of them as your life-line ... the last barrier between you and the next size up.

At least, that's what I've been telling myself all day long as I've been squishing around in my getting-too-tight jeans. 

I nearly didn't make my water goal today, but I did.


However, I did eat, eat, and eat. Oh, about a half a bag of Doritos in a t.v.-watching stupor, later, a whole tube of Townhouse crackers and then, in an effort to do something healthy-ish, and craving something sweet, I had a cottage cheese bowl with strawberry. Blech

Not 'blech' the cottage cheese, just ... blech. I'm full, unhappy with myself and, in my too-tight-jeans, uncomfortable. I need my plaid flannel jammies.

My food feelings today? FRUSTRATED, because my day wasn't going the way I needed/wanted it to go; BORED, because we were watching t.v. and, well, bored. Now? SORRY.