Monday, February 1, 2010

Not So Fast

Okay, so starting out with having only protein for breakfast didn't work. Why? Because I countered the act of dietary obedience with allowing myself the luxury of scarfing down everything chocolate I could get my hands on. We're not talking about an occasional piece of the luscious brown stuff, oh no. I managed to take in the entire candy isle in one week. How can a person succeed in the dieting world with so much temptation everywhere around her. It's just not the basic chocolate bar, but you can get just about anything made of chocolate these days . . .


There's milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, pink chocolate, chocolates filled with cherries and just about anything else you can think of, chocolate cake, chocolate cream pie, chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate ice cream. But then, let's not forget all those specialty chocolates, made for that person who has everything. There's the . . .

Chocolate Keyboard
A must for the writer in me.


And I wouldn't want any of my work to be lost, so there's the
chocolate USB drive to save all those wonderfully crafted words.


But then when I want to take a break and go shopping, there's even fancy chocolate shoes I can buy. But they'd never be on my feet, unless you count the fat that wraps around my ankles.


Oh, and we cant forget chocolate roses sent by that secret admirer.

Or the candy kiss left on your pillow by that certain someone.


And my own personal favorite, the M&M. And we all know you can't just eat one of those. Once you get started, you can't stop.


And then at the end of the day, when you think you've had your fill of chocolate, you find yourself on a cold winter's night, wishing you had a little something to keep you warm. Do you turn to your lover or a woolen blanket, nope . . . nothing warms the heart like a hot cup of cocoa.


Is there any wonder why I can't sleep at night, wired with all that sugar and caffeine?
So this week my goal is to eliminate MOST of my sugar intake. I will allow myself a tiny amount of the brown stuff, but not every day and in small amounts. Do you think that's possible or will I end up like this poor woman?
Death By Chocolate!
What a way to go.

So tell me what your weaknesses are.
Is it chocolate, chips or Cheetos?

And how do you overcome your craving for them?