Saturday, January 17, 2009

Typical Performance ~ It's All About Being Honest

I was feeling guilty for my few readers here, that I hadn't posted anything in a while. And then I realized, hey, it's me. What else can you expect? Especially when it comes to food and my resolutions therein. I have no willpower. Haven't we covered that already?

Still, I said that I wanted to work on the Church's twelve step program, one issue or topic per month. This month is almost over and I've only managed to closely look at one of the twelve scriptures or talks that the Church recommends.

So I'm going to post them here so that you can take control over your own life, even if I am unable to control myself. I'm hoping to look at these before months' end, but I've learned to set my expectations low, especially when it comes to myself.

The Church recommends that we examine Honesty with relation to our food addiction, and suggests that, in addition to the Flaxen Cords (2 Nephi 26:22), the following resources can be helpful:
Skinny Man is heading out of town this week and after reading this list, I really want to read these scriptures and articles and apply them to my life. I know I'll feel better if let Heavenly Father help me. Maybe while he's gone, I'll try to read them and meditate on them.

Then again, maybe I won't. I said, no promises, right?