Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To Drink, or Not to Drink?

To Drink, or not to Drink? That is the question now isn't it. I have such an issue with drinking water. I absolutely detest drinking the nasty stuff, and I always have. I will drink it if there is nothing else to drink. People say, "Add a fresh lemon to it...it's so refreshing". Um...without the 1/2 cup of sugar? You have got to be kidding me. I can down a pitcher of lemonade in a heartbeat. Give me a cherry Pepsi (I know...I am SO evil! I am not nursing now, so in the past week I have done some serious damage!) and I can gulp it down in two minutes. Any sort of beverage with sugar in it, I can drink it lickity split. I know the health benefits of drinking water. I took all the health and anatomy classes. I went to massage school for crying out loud where a lot of the courses were on nutrition for the "whole" body healing. I know all that stuff, but I can't get myself to do it. And I know that without the water intake, I will never lose any weight, or be healthy.

When I read Ali's daily water intake struggle I realized that I am not the only one who battles this issue. It seems like such a simple thing...drink water, yet we have to make a conscious effort to do it. So.... What to do? Am I going to commit and drink some water? I am. I am going to commit to one glass a day. Hey...better start slow or I'll never accomplish it. I always tend to go overboard starting anything new. My "old" me would go to Walmart and buy a gallon size water bottle, fill it up first thing in the morning, then by 10:00 am realize that I am never going to finish that bad boy. Ever. Or drink so much in such a short time to accomplish the goal that I am water logged and want to die. Defeat. So...One cup it is. Look out America, Kristi is breakin out the water glass. If I am really living large, I'll drink two. OH yeah.