Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What Is It With Diets Anyway?

Kristi said something that just popped out at me. She said that whenever she actually tries to diet, her body totally rebels and she ends up going way overboard with food.

I wasn't sure what I was going to blog about today, but I knew I needed to get in here and write, to keep that connection, like I said I would. But my day totally sucked food-wise. At lunch I ate like ten chocolate chip cookies. Not becuase I was hungry, but because they tasted good and I was alone and well ... the best way to get them out of my face (so they can't taunt me anymore) is to shove them in my face.

But then I read Kristi's post.

And so I ask, what is it with diets, anyway?

What is it about diets that make bingers cringe?

I have no flippin' idea. If I knew that answer, I swear, I'd be a size eight once more and I wouldn't be here, that's for sure.

And you know? I'm mad as heck about it too. I hate that I don't have any clothes that don't show the little rolls in my middle. I hate the feeling of those rolls as my arms rest against them. I hate the fact that my breasts no longer look as big because they are competing with those same rolls.

I'm mad that while I can control what I say when I'm talking to people (and really want to tell them what I think but I control myself and instead say the polite thing), I can't control what I put in my mouth. I can control whether or not I clean my house, pay my bills, go grocery shopping and many other things that I hate doing. So why can't I stay on a diet?

Actually, scratch that.

I do feel in control. 

But for some reason I haven't yet grasped, a part of me is choosing to stuff my face.

I can feel it. It does not exactly feel like being out of control. It feels like want, need, righteousness. I deserve it. I should have it.

Maybe, I'm a freak. Oh, and so is Kristi ;)

Are you a freak, too?