Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Relationship With the Scale


Every morning I walk into the kitchen and open the pantry door. I'm not only greeted with a variety of food I shouldn't eat, but also my scale. That's right people. I keep my scale on the floor in my pantry. What better place. I literally have to scoot it to the side or step on it to reach out for food. Too bad it doesn't grab hold of my foot and tackle me to the floor when I choose something from the shelf that's going to make me gain a pound or ten.

So, there I stand, face to face with the evil numbers that seem to rise and fall with no sense of rhyme or reason. Will the numbers make me happy or depressed? It seems that the scale has complete control of my life, my happiness, my emotions and self worth. How do I get past that? How do I tell myself and the scale that I am in control of my life and the food I put into my mouth? And most importantly, how do I gain control and get this stinkin' weight off? I guess if I had all the answers I'd be making the big bucks, eh?