Monday, March 16, 2009

Stuff Happens

Namely . . . feelings happen.

Chocolate happens.

McDonalds happens.

Yeah, and that pretty much sums up why I didn't update my sidebar stuff last week and why I didn't lose any more weight last week.
Bold
But you know? It's all good.

I didn't GAIN any weight back, either. I know what went wrong last week and I do have the power to do it better this week. I shall prevail!

I'm still working through Step One, or Honesty, and last week I read Helaman 12:6. It reads:

"Behold, they do not desire that the Lord their God, who hath created them, should rule and reign over them; notwithstanding his great goodness and his mercy towards them, they do set at naught his counsels, and they will not that he should be their guide."

I had to read that several times before I could really grasp what that meant to me. I think I've figured it out, but it's also still rattling around in my head, looking for a more firm purchase.

For me, it means that I am still hard-hearted and still forget or refuse to let my Father in Heaven help me. And yet, He is great, and He has mercy toward me. He wants to help me. He is kind and good. He loves me. 

I think why this concept is hard for me to grasp is because I have difficulty loving myself, so why should Heavenly Father love me, let alone want to help me?

If I am so weak, constantly giving in to my cravings, why should He want to help? Why not throw His hands up and be done with me already? 

And yet . . . this scripture would seem to say, that His hand of mercy is stretched out toward me still. If I would but remember and turn my heart to Him, let Him help me, let Him love me . . . He will.