Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Am Filled

I am often "encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me." I hate myself for it. I struggle with myself, like a prize fighter who never wins the prize.

And when things do start to go well, when I start to think I can manage my life, my temptations, "my heart groaneth because of my sins."

"Nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support" and He loves me. 

"He hath led me through mine afflictions . . .; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."

There is no shame that I cannot take to Him. There is no help He would withhold from me, if I but ask. 

"He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh."

I do not need to consume so much that I am filled from the inside out. I only need to turn to my Father in Heaven. He will fill me with His love, and, being filled, I will overcome my temptations that they have no hold on me.

This, I believe.

*everything in quotes is scripture taken from 2 Nephi 4:18-21.