Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mercy

"And now, because ye are compelled to be humble blessed are ye; for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketh repentance; and now surely, whosoever repenteth shall find mercy; and he that findeth mercy and endureth to the end the same shall be saved" 

I found this scripture so interesting because there is also another scripture in which we are told that we must not be compelled in all things. And yet, the Lord sees fit to compel us to be humble. I think He does that because He wants to be able to grant us his love and mercy, but we will never accept those things unless we are first humble. 

And none of us, really, wants to be humble.

You know what I mean--we want to be beautiful, smart, charming, sexy. We don't want to feel like we are the exact opposite of these things, and yet, that's what brings us to our low, helps us be humble. And from there, we look up and ask for help.

From there, if we are open-hearted, we can receive the mercy that Father wants so badly to give us.

I am working on this. Oh man, I'm working on it. It's so hard because I always just feel unworthy of His help. But then I read this scripture and am reminded that He loves me and that He wants to help me. He is a merciful Father, and He knows my every challenge, my every need.