Monday, December 7, 2009

Oops, I Did It Again

I've gotten fatter.

The funny or weird thing about fat, though, is that I actually still weigh five pounds less than I did when I went on the hCG diet in May, but man oh man am I fatter.

I asked Skinny Man tonight if he'd go out with me on Wednesday to shop for new clothes. I need to be able to wear jeans that don't make me feel like my circulation has been cut off. I need to be able to find something in my closet that won't cling to the fat billowing over the top of my jeans.

We've been watching What Not To Wear lately. We both know what I should be looking for. Sweet, sweet man that he is, Skinny Man didn't even hesitate. He took me by the waist (yes, the fattest part of me) and said "I would love that."

It doesn't make me happy to be buying new fat clothes, but I know I'll be a lot happier if my clothes fit comfortably and I look my best. I might even go to Lane Bryant or Torrid. I'm probably just a size twelve or so, but . . . maybe I'll feel better shopping there, and be more likely to find things cut for girls with the wrong kind of curves.

In the interest of girlfriend sharing I *might* take pictures. But don't hold me to it. ;)