Thursday, May 7, 2009

hCG Diet Day Eleven

I haven't lost that much this week and I've been a bit discouraged by that. However, I also haven't been regular. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem eating so much roughage and all, but somehow it is. Apparently it's a normal side-effect of the diet. Go figure.

I've started taking supplements call BX-93. You can find them in a health food store or probably in a good pharmacy. They have helped me go a little, but I'm sure still not enough. Hopefully soon, the problem will correct itself. 

Nevertheless, I've still lost a total of 9.2 lbs and that's freakin' awesome.

I haven't lost that much in over three years doing traditional diets and exercise, so I am very happy with these results. I just ordered a second round that I will do after the appropriate rest once this one is done.

So far, I've had two difficult days. I don't remember the first one too well, but the second one was today. I wanted a Big Mac so bad I was practically salivating, lol. I wanted to stick things in my mouth--cookies, treats, chips, you know the stuff. I am so amazingly proud of myself to say I did not give in! I swear, I deserve a medal. 

And I will get a medal--when I am done with the second round and have succeeded in dropping a ton of weight I'm going to seriously reward myself. Oh yeah.

Oh, and on the difficult day line of thought ... I think the culprit is low blood sugar, because once I ate, I felt much better and not at all like I needed to cheat. It was the getting to eat that I was so tempted, not afterwards. So, yeah, I think it was blood sugar. A simple sugary drink, like juice or even sugar in water, or even a teaspoon of sugar would have remedied the problem quickly and I probably would have felt much better.

But I survived, without cheating, and I'm doing much better now. Whew! I am a little worried about date night tomorrow night. Normally we like to go to a movie, eat a personal pan pizza each, and have a huge bag of popcorn (buttered of course!) and a big pop. Tomorrow we'll go out for dinner instead and I'll have a steak and big salad and steamed veggies. I am so looking forward to this, I can't tell you! I'll bring a cut apple to the movie with me so I have something crunchy and satisfying to eat. I'm hoping that will help offset the craving for popcorn.

Alright then, some recipes, shall we?

I've tried two more that I really like:

Baked Tilapia

Ingredients:
  • 4 Tilapia Fillets (100 grams each)
  • 1 large or 2 med Vidalia onions, sliced 1/4" thick (I skipped this part altogether)
  • 4 Tbsp chopped Basil, or Tbsp dry Basil (I actually didn't have any Basil, so I just used dry Taragon--I think I will like it better with Basil, but the Taragon was okay.)
  • 8 cloves chopped or pressed garlic (I used minced garlic from the jar and used 4 tsp)
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Peel and slice onions. Saute onions in nonstick pan until translucent, add a little water.
  3. In a shallow baking dish, place fillets over onion slices (since I did not make onions, I very lightly sprayed the bottom of the dish with olive oil baking spray which is technically illegal on this diet, but ... oh well.) Sprinkle Garlic and basil over fish. Place tomato slices on top. Salt and Pepper to taste.
  4. Place pan with fish in center of oven, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until fish is white.
This recipe makes four servings--put three of them into individual containers and you've got an easy and quick fix for days when you're in a rush. Enjoy one fresh from the oven!

Yummy Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 32 oz. container of organic, fat free, Vegetable Broth
  • 1/2 quart bottled Tomatoes or buy organic with nothing added
  • 8 cloves of Garlic, pressed or chopped (you know me, only bottled will do!)
  • 1 large chopped Onion (I don't like onions much, but I just bought one big white onion--which I discovered has a very mild flavor which appealed to me. I used half of it for this recipe.)
  • 400 grams of Chicken, Beef or Venison
  • chopped Celery
  • chopped Cabbage
  • chopped Broccoli
  • any other legal Vegetables you want to add
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Bring broth and tomatoes to boil, while sauteing meat with onions in nonstick pan.
  2. Add meat and onions to broth mixture.
  3. Add additional vegetables, except broccoli.
  4. Simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
  5. Turn off heat, then add chopped broccoli, let sit with lid on for 5 minutes.
  6. 4 servings, place in individual containers.
  7. Yummy with Melba toast!
I LOVED this soup! It was delicious and made six servings for me, not just four. I've so enjoyed having a fast and easy something to make for lunch or dinner that is so yummy and satisfying. This was easily as good as any 'non diet' soup I've had. Very flavorful and awesome! Enjoy!